The automatic transmissions on specific 2002 MY X-TYPE vehicles within the above VIN range have the potential to contain a manufacturing flaw in the reverse clutch pack that may lead to transmission slippage and ultimately, if the corrective action detailed in this bulletin is not completed, transmission failure.
Vehicles with transmissions built in July and August 2001 are more likely to experience this failure.
Applied vehicle: Jaguar X Type 2002 Model Year with Automatic Transmission.
This manual is available FREE at
- Download: Jaguar S-Type Technical Service Bulletin S307-02: Stuck Ignition Key – Modify J-Gate Interlock Lever – Service Action S114.
- Download: Jaguar S-Type Technical Service Bulletin S307-07: Harsh/Slow Shifts – 3.0 L V6 Vehicles – Reprogram PCM.
- Download: Jaguar X-Type Technical Service Bulletin XT307-01: Difficulty Selecting Transmission Ranges – GEARBOX FAULT Message – Reset J-Gate.
- Download: Jaguar S-Type Technical Service Bulletin S307-09: Harsh Shifts – Transmission MIL Illuminated With Reverse Selected – DTC P0736 Stored.
- Download: Jaguar S-Type Technical Service Bulletin S307-06: Difficulty Selecting Range – Stiff Or Restricted Movement – Revised Selector Lever Cable.