Taken from the pdf material: After replacing the selector lever cable or repairing a fault concerning range selection, such as DTC P0706 – Transmission Range Sensor Circuit, Range/Performance, the selector lever cable needs to be adjusted according to the procedure in this bulletin.
The cable is adjusted by moving the locknuts that secure the cable sheath to the J-gate assembly. This movement will lengthen or shorten the effective length of the cable sheath between the Jgate and the anchorages of the cable sheath.
Procedures covered: Adjusting of Transmission Selector Cable (including Cable Sheath Locknuts diagram & Transmission Lever diagram) of
This manual is available FREE at
- Download: Jaguar S-Type Technical Service Bulletin S307-06: Difficulty Selecting Range – Stiff Or Restricted Movement – Revised Selector Lever Cable.
- Download: Jaguar S-Type Technical Service Bulletin S307-02: Stuck Ignition Key – Modify J-Gate Interlock Lever – Service Action S114.
- Download: Jaguar S-Type Technical Service Bulletin S307-03: DTC P0741 – Torque Converter Clutch Does Not Lock Up – Missing O-ring.
- Download: Jaguar X-Type Technical Service Bulletin XT307-S926: Degradation Of Shift Quality – Reprogram TCM – Service Action S926.
- Download: Jaguar S-Type Technical Service Bulletin S307-09: Harsh Shifts – Transmission MIL Illuminated With Reverse Selected – DTC P0736 Stored.